Martin Atkins’s book, Tour Smart: And Break the Band, is celebrating its 10-year anniversary. It addresses all the aspects that go into planning a successful tour and features interviews with prominent musicians, club owners, tour managers, and other music industry professionals. Some of the people interviewed in it include Chris Connelly, Henry Rollins, and representatives from the House of Blues and the Vans Warped Tour.
Musicians can learn some best practices and mistakes to avoid when touring across the country. The book isn’t just for musicians though. Filmmakers, performers, and others who make a living from fan engagement might also find it relevant.
The nsavides Podcast is focused on helping creative people succeed through collaboration but also on exploring ways to make the world better. Can Tour Smart do both? Listen to find out.
Tour Related Topics Discussed
- How to save money when traveling across country
- Why keeping good notes can make all the difference
- Ways to reach out to a radio station that can get attention
- How to avoid problems by checking in with a venue
- Where to get ideas for T-shirt designs
- Why honesty goes a long way
Listen to the Episode
Sponsor for this Episode
- Tour Smart website
- Martin Atkins bio
- If you’re interested in creating memorable connections with your fans, check out this episode with Mystery Loves Company, a chamber-rock band from Houston. I haven’t run into a band that does it better.