Part II of my coverage of the New Orleans Film Festival. At the end of this part I share details and reflections on my own personal festival experience.
Below are the interviews included in this part.
My leisurely lunch at St. James Cheese Company
- Kevin Hughes, director on Louisiana short Tough Love, sound mixer on Louisiana feature Mourning Hills, a film which won the Apex Post Award for Best Sound in a Louisiana Film
- Kenny Lass and Alex Wiltz co-directors of Louisiana short Hut
- Ian Midgley, director of documentary Reversing the Mississippi, which had a world premiere at the New Orleans Film Festival
- Pedro Lucero, transportation coordinator for festival, filmmaker
- Greg Tilton, sound mixer on Louisiana feature Love Me True, InDepth Media partner
- Kirby Voss, director of Louisiana feature Love Me True, which had a world premiere at the New Orleans Film Festival
- Elise Berggreen, festival volunteer and actress
- Allen Frederic, director; Brian Friedman, writer; Laurent Dupepe, editor of The King of New Orleans, Special Jury Award for Louisiana Feature
- This part also features my reflections on my festival experience.
In case you missed it, below are the interviews in Part I.
This is me with Jane by her art installation.
- Jennifer Medvin, director of Little Hero, Special Jury Award for Documentary Short
- Jordan Shiele, director of Turtle, Jury Winner for Narrative Short
- Kevin Prockup, film composer of Lousiana short, Does God Hear Robots Pray
- Erica Anderson, head of crowdfunding & education at Seed & Spark, festival panelist
- Conway Solomon, actor from Louisiana short Us Against the World, which won the Apex Post Special Mention for Best Sound in a Louisiana Film
- Russell Blanchard, director; Benjamin Gouldthorpe, writer of Louisiana short The Lot, featured in the festival’s Cinema Classroom program
- Victoria Greene, festival volunteer, filmmaker for upcoming documentary Forgotten Bayou
- Morgan Roberts, director of Louisiana short, Rite, Jury Winner for Louisiana Short
- Brian Richard, director; Hunter Burke, co-writer and actor; Natalie Kingston, director of photography; Chris Haney, producer of Louisiana short Atchafalaya
- Jane Cassidy, artist with a featured installation at the festival, experimental shorts juror
- Justin Ditch, from Professional Sound Services, sponsor and audio work
A photo I took of Quvenzhane Wallis, the actress from Beasts of the Southern Wild, on the opening night of the festival. You can see more of my festival photos here.
A special thank you to Jolene Pinder and Emily Reimsnyder for giving me media access to cover the event.
Listen to the Interviews
This is Part II:
- New Orleans Film Festival
- My interview with Jolene about the festival that led to media access
- The interview where I make a certain commitment regarding the New York Mets