- When it makes sense to sign with a label, if ever
- How to get your music on film and TV soundtracks
- Getting traction for your music with a live listening party
- How to get access to the same fan engagement tools that Oasis uses
- What artists like Ingrid Michaelson did to build a successful career while staying independent
- How filmmakers on a budget can work with CD Baby to get memorable music for their films
- What stats to pay attention to on Spotify
Listen to the Episode
Sponsor for this Episode
Fable House and I are partnering together to produce distinguished music videos for bands with big visions who want to share their music with the world in memorable, imaginative, and soulful ways.
Based in Louisiana, Fable House is a production company that has produced millions of dollars worth of content. They have shot features for the SyFy channel, produced a number of polished music videos, and shot a short film that screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
Ready to bring your music dreams to life? Let’s discuss: email@example.com
- Kevin’s show, DIY Musician Podcast
- Kevin’s Grammy-nominated band, Smalltown Poets
- DIY Musician Conference in Nashville. This year it is from Aug. 25-27, and YouTube will be recording bands on Aug. 24 as part of the pre-conference festivities. I will be attending, so say hello if you’re in town.
- CD Baby’s site
- show.co, the site that offers the fan engagement tools that Kevin mentioned
- The music video that Kevin mentioned from Chris Robley, co-host of the DIY Musician Podcast.
- Kevin on
- My interview with David Patterson , one of the producers of the Don’t Stop Believin’ doc. on Journey
Bands & Recording Artists Mentioned
- Bon Iver
- Chris Robley
- Ingrid Michaelson
- The National
- OK Go
- Smalltown Poets
- Twenty One Pilots
- Walk Off the Earth
If You Liked the Show