Tom Snyder has written for and produced a variety of comedy shows, but he is best known for being the co-creator of Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist on Comedy Central. During its run, the show brought on acclaimed comedians like Joy Behar, Mitch Hedburg, Louis C. K., Ray Romano, & Jon Stewart, and it went on to win an Emmy, a Peabody, a PGA and a CableACE Award.
Tom has recently released Is Anyone All Right?, a musical romantic comedy on Audible. It involves a dramatized reading of a story interspersed with several musical numbers, a novel approach to audiobooks called an AudioMusical.
Some of the things we discuss include
- Writing comedy for television
- His comedic influences and inspirations
- How giving feedback to comedians can improve their performance
- Dealing with notes from development executives
- Techniques for creating realistic characters
Plus, Tom shared a few jokes and stories about his showbiz adventures.
Listen to the Episode
*The description on Audible was updated in response to what happened on this episode!