In this episode, I talk to Patrick Mulhearn, the founder of Louisiana Film and Entertainment Association, a key organization that lobbies for the local film industry, and the Executive Director of Celtic Studios, the largest studio facility in Louisiana. Some of the projects that have been shot at Celtic include Oblivion, the last two Twilight films, The Host, Battle: LA, and the TV series True Blood. Currently in production at the studio is the latest relaunch of 20th Century Fox’s The Fantastic Four.
Patrick talks about what goes into running a studio on a day-to-day basis, how filmmakers can have a better studio experience, and the advantages that stem from sustaining a creative community. Plus we discuss the way that the tax rebates have shaped the film industry in Louisiana and how they affect the industry as a whole.
Listen to the Podcast
- Celtic Studios
- Richard Florida’s The Rise of the Creative Class (affiliate link)
- The crowdfunding campaign for Trent’s War, the short film I’m working on
If You Liked the Show
- Sign up for The nsavides Newsletter.
- Subscribe or comment: , Stitcher
- Say hello on Twitter.
- Check out Support the Show! for more ideas.
Thank you for visiting!