Ship of Fools is a cello-driven indie-rock band with a distinct sound that some (this podcast) might describe as space cathedral. The band has played at SXSW, opened for bands like Santigold, and toured across the Southeastern United States. They’re also fun to hang out with, which is worth stating right from the start.
I interviewed the band at Highland Coffee, a location that has certain significance to their origin story. Some of the things that we discuss in this episode include
- Instruments and pedals that the band uses to create a distinct sound
- The unexpected benefits that come from serving a community
- Getting the most out of studio time with advanced planning
- How artists can use branding to make a better impression
- When to release music videos to amplify an album release
- What makes for a memorable show
- How to book gigs at elite venues
The ep. also includes the song “Roger” from the Ship of Fools EP.
The band poses for a photo after our interview at Highland Coffee.
Listen to the Episode
Sponsor for this Episode
Fable House and I are partnering together to produce distinguished music videos for bands with big visions who want to share their music with the world in memorable, imaginative, and soulful ways.
Based in Louisiana, Fable House is a production company that has produced millions of dollars worth of content. They have shot features for the SyFy channel, produced a number of polished music videos, and shot a short film that screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
Ready to bring your music dreams to life? Let’s discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ship of Fools on Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, YouTube
- Jeff Roedel’s Ship of Fools writeup in 225 Magazine
- Jeff’s episode on The nsavides Podcast
- Guitar pedals mentioned: Space Echo, Whammy
- Ship of Fools by Hieronymus Bosch, 1490-1500
- Notes on the painting from the Louvre
- Grateful Dead
- Mother Falcon
- Ship of Fools
- Slomile Swift
If You Liked the Show
- Sign up for The nsavides Newsletter.
- Subscribe or leave a friendly review:
- Say hello on Twitter: @nsavidesPRO
Thank you for visiting!