One of the highlights of Bree Noble‘s career as a musician was getting to sing at Dodger Stadium in front of 60,000 people. At one point she was also the Director of Finance for one the top 15 opera companies in the US. These days she is focused on helping other musicians find success and build long-lasting careers in music industry. Through her site femusician.com, Bree offers music-industry resources and coaching. She’s also the host of Women of Substance, a radio program where she curates music from soulful female musicians.
Some of the things we discuss in this episode include
- How to turn ordinary audiences into energized super fans
- When’s the right time for a band to make a music video
- How to make a good impression with industry insiders
- Where filmmakers can find capable musicians for their projects
- Recommendations for how to get more people to sign up for your mailing list
- How to connect with music supervisors and other influencers
- Practical suggestions for making a living as a musician
- Communicating with music venues to get results
Listen to the Episode
Sponsor for this Episode
Fable House and I are looking to partner together to produce distinguished music videos for bands who want to share their music with the world in memorable, imaginative, and soulful ways.
Based in Louisiana, Fable House is a production company that has produced millions of dollars worth of content. They have shot features for the SyFy channel, produced a number of polished music videos, and shot a short film that screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
We’re looking for bands who want to collaborate with accomplished craftsmen and fellow artists and have the drive and the resources to dream big. Let’s discuss: email@example.com
- Bree’s site
- Bree on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Bree’s Facebook live show – Indie Interactive
- It airs every Wednesday at [11:00] AM CST ([12:00] PM EST, [9:00] AM PST)
- Woman of Substance website and on Facebook
- Bree recommends that filmmakers search for musicians on sites like
- Lindsay Doran’s TEDx talk on filmmaking – Saving the World Vs Kissing the Girl
- The nsavides Podcast ep. with Jordan Harbinger from The Art of Charm
- Thanks to Jessica Rhodes from Interview Connections for helping to make this episode happen.
More Resources for Musicians
- 23 Sources of Music Artist Income
- Bree’s free workshop on May 23 with D Grant Smith about Music Submissions
- Bree shares 19 Sources of income for your musician business
- Bree’s guide to booking house concerts
- Conferences Bree mentioned
- FEM36 – using text messaging to grow an audience
- FEM23 – planning a music festival and growing a community
- Michelle Lockey’s Music Licensing Course